Monday 11 June 2012

More baby gear

I missed some off the last list of goodies for babies / you. Here are a few more.

My life story
My mum has a record book which has details on me and my two sisters from birth, all in one place. Not just our birth weight, time, date etc., but when we had our inculations, caught chicken pox, and developmental steps (first walked, for example) and more besides. Has been valuable to refer to as an adult, e.g., needing to check vaccinations for Occupational Health checks at work/ new doctor registration. I have struggled to find something to match it now - you only get the new baby books that can contain only token information. This diary by Suck UK takes on a new extreme, but meaningful version - charting the whole life of your new child. You fill it in first, then they get hold of it and keep it. I'm going to try to record in it as best as I can - the practical and sentimental notes alike.

Cosatto baby bouncer
We bought this for Abbie and it's doing another good job all over again. No batteries, just foot power. Comes in handy for wakeful and sleepy times whilst keeping Abbie occupied too. Great, bright, KISS product.






Nurture Nursing Bras
Miriam Stoppard designed these with Debenhams and they're the best ones I've found. More support and more discrete when feeding than usual, with an extra layer of material under the drop cup, and range of sizes. Also, they're available on the high street - so you can get fitted, rather than guess online. Some pretty designs too, not as ugly as some. Not too expensive at about £25 for two bras.




Freya Active Swimsuit
More support for post pregnancy bodies, slimming and goes up to range of cup sizes - this swimming costume is terrific. Worth the extra cost (about £40).








Close Parent Caboo sling
I'm using this alot at the moment - for handsfree time for chores / Abbie, and to aid sleep. Easy to use. Folds into neat drawstring bag when not in use. Quite alot of material left after tying securely, but works for both myself and B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joni Mitchell - A Case of You